email attachment

ann-199314 20:58 06 Jan 2006

I am having problems downloading (and opening) email attachments. On a previous question somebody said to click Tools from the dropdown menu. I might be dense, but cannot find Tools on the dropdown menu. Where is it please. Can somebody help me yet again. Thanks, Ann

VoG II 21:03 06 Jan 2006

Is this in Outlook Express?

Do you get an error message?

What type of file is attached?

Skyver 21:03 06 Jan 2006

Are you referring to Outlook Express? click here

palinka 16:12 07 Jan 2006

Assuming you use Outlook express, is the problem that no attachments appear to be attached, when you were told there was one? or is it that you don't know how to open the attachments?
If the first: open Outlook express; click Tools and select Options. Click on the Security tab:- in the virus protection section untick the box beside "Do not allow attachments...that might potentially be a virus". Click OK. If your antivirus is always up to date you'll still be OK - it's a "nanny" Microsoft feature that doesn't just not allow dangerous attachments - it doesn't allow ANY!
For the second, double click on the From/subject line of an email with a paperclip sign beside it. Now you will see the entire email and the attachment will be in a line called "Attach" just below From, Subject etc. Double click on the icon in the "Attach" line and the attachment will open.
NB. Do you have your preview pane switched on? (ie when you open the Inbox in OE you can already read part of a message)? If so please post back for info on how to change this potentially risky set-up.

palinka 16:25 07 Jan 2006

ozieann, it would be useful to know which of these suggestions solved your problem (or if it was something totally different)- as a guide to other people searching for similar help on this site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?