email address's in outlook express

morris948 17:38 25 Feb 2011

Hi
Can anyone help me setup 2 email address's in outlook express.
What i want to do is this: i have one email address (private mail) but i want to add another one which is for business emails with a different name at the same ISP, is it possible to have 2 email address's that can send and receive mail to my outlook express.

I have tried without success, as i do not know which buttons to tick or untick in the settings tabs of the outlook account.
Thanks

bremner 17:40 25 Feb 2011

Take a look at this tutorial click here

morris948 17:58 25 Feb 2011

Yes, i have an account already in use, but if i create another email address, do i have to use the new email address in the 'general' tabs line or do i have to enter my original email address at this line, it is so confusing for me.

eg '[email protected]' = my original address

now i want to use '[email protected]' , do i enter '[email protected]' in the 'general tab or do i use '[email protected]' in this tab when i create another account, because there is only one password for my single home email account.

bremner 18:41 25 Feb 2011

I am sorry but I do not understand wheer the"general' Tab is?

If you follow the instructions then:

Display name is whatever you want to appear i.e. "Dave Work"

Next Window you input teh email address:
[email protected].

The next window wants the virgin pop and smtp settings which will be the same as your existing account.

The next window is your account name supplied by virgin and the password

beeuuem 18:58 25 Feb 2011

You will need to create a new mail address with Virgin click here and add that as a new mail account in Outlook Express.

morris948 15:00 26 Feb 2011

You are right, i cannot add another email address to outlook express unless i create a new address at the ISP's web based email first, this is what confused me, i thought it could be done in outlook, now i have 2 email addresses created at the web based account, and added the new one to outlook, and it works OK.
Thanks all for your assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017