email address oddity!

Pine Man 18:37 14 Aug 2006

My email address is [email protected], which is now owned by Tiscali.

When I log on to read my web based emails (not via Outlook Express)my email address is always remembered so all I have to fill in is the password.

Today I opened up the log on screen and my correct email address was shown. I completed my password and dealt with three emails and logged off. After doing so the screen acknowledged that I had logged off but showed my email address as [email protected].

I over wrote the address with my correct address and logged in ok but when I logged out again the ntmuk address was shown.

I have NIS 2006 up to date, Windows Defender, Spybot & Spywareblaster and no problems shown.

Nobody has access to my PC, which is running XP SP2.

Any ideas?

jakimo 19:30 14 Aug 2006

Surly Tiscali should be able to answer this one

Stuartli 19:36 14 Aug 2006

Tiscali has, in fact, answered this one a little while back...:-)

For instance I have a

[email protected]

but Tiscali prefers it as

[email protected]

for logon purposes.

I can also receive e-mails with it in either form.

Tiscali has also upped free e-mail space from 10MB to 100MB and from 100MB to 1000MB for those who pay for additional space.

Stuartli 19:44 14 Aug 2006

A cut and paste from the Tiscali webmail logon page:

If the format of your email address used to be [email protected] then you must now use the format [email protected] to access your emails. Don't worry, you will still automatically receive emails sent to the old format address.

There is a list somewhere about Lineone etc but I can't find it - no doubt if you key in the "wrong" e-mail address in the username, you'll get a similar reply.

Pine Man 20:14 14 Aug 2006

Thanks Everybody!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires