email account

civicr 22:20 05 Jul 2007

Hi,
How do i set up a email account for the wife in outlook express . I use sky b/band and have the use of 5 accounts , and cant remember how to set up. Im led to believe a sub account has to be set up but im clue less.
Ken

ArrGee 22:48 05 Jul 2007

I don't have Sky BBand myself, but I would assume that you can firstly log on to your account and then have the option to set-up sub accounts from there.

Ashrich 23:24 05 Jul 2007

Don't be surprised when in a few weeks time you Sky email fails , it happens a lot , they will do everything to get you to use Hotmail or Googlemail or suchlike , they are having big trouble with their servers and can't be bothered to do anything about it . This happened to a colleague of mine , she phoned them constantly to have a moan about it , they just quote " We only guarantee Internet , not email " so I had a google around and found that it has happened to loads of Sky punters . Be warned ....

Ashley

Graham. 07:49 06 Jul 2007
  Graham. 07:57 06 Jul 2007

click here You will have to login.

In case the link doesn't work, you need to go to My Profile, Email, Additional Users. It's a little tricky to navigate until you get used to it.

You can use anything you like before @sky.com as long as it isn't already take,

Graham. 08:06 06 Jul 2007

You will then need to create a new account in Outlook Express.

Tools, Accounts, Add, Mail.

Servers: Incoming mail is pop.sky.com, Outgoing mail is smtp.sky.com

When it's set up, you can select which account to use to send mail with the drop-down arrow in From.

Send a test email to and from each account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?