Email Account

TonyAA 09:47 01 Nov 2005

I have installed microsoft office and my email account is now handled by microsoft outlook and I can't find anything.I would prefer to use outlook express as it's simpler and was wondering how to revert back.

alexgray104 10:02 01 Nov 2005

Not sure on this, but can't you modify the installation of Office to remove Outlook by putting the disc in and running setup. I think this would then revert your email account back to Express. Alternatively, what happens if you start Outlook Express now, or has it been taken over by Outlook?

Batch 10:10 01 Nov 2005

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options and click on the programs tab and you should be able to select your mail client program.

Jackcoms 10:33 01 Nov 2005

In OE click on Tools; Options; General.

At the bottom, under Default Messaging Programs, click on 'Make Default' against Mail Handler and/or News Handler.

TonyAA 10:56 01 Nov 2005

Tried to alter account settings in outlook a few times but got nowhere so removed outlook part of office as suggested and now back to normal with emails and addresses now showing again.Thanks.

Jackcoms 14:26 01 Nov 2005

"Tried to alter account settings in outlook a few times but got nowhere so removed outlook part of office as suggested and now back to normal with emails and addresses now showing again"

So, you chose to ignore my advice?

Ho, hum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?