Email

Yorkie 1 10:30 15 May 2012

I use Microsoft Outlook for my email. It displays emails sent to any of my email addresses which is good, but I cannot sendreplies from Outlook, I have to log on to otherprograms such as Talk-Talk and send any replies from there. Is there a setting that I can apply to Outlook (not Outlook Express) that will allow me to reply direst. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Woolwell 10:35 15 May 2012

Are you getting an error message when you try to send and how have you set up the account (smtp settings, etc)? Which ISP?

Yorkie 1 10:57 15 May 2012

Hi Woolwell, I don't get an error message. As the Oulook program is loading, in the space at the bottom of the page it shows loading 25%,50%, and 75%, but it never goes further than that. I am a dummy when it comes to SMPT account settings etc, at an age of 83 I don't learn as easily as I used to. S

spuds 11:12 15 May 2012

I had a similar problem, and it was partly due to POP and SMTP etc setting up. I note that you are with TalkTalk, and if you go to their support website they have instructions on how to set-up. If you have no success, then contact TT customer support (which is free to TT subscriber's even though its an 0870 number), they should then be able to help.

Re-reading your original request, I might be wrong with my answer as to what you want to do, and if so I apologise for that?.

Yorkie 1 11:18 15 May 2012

Hi Spud, Thanks for your interest. In fact I changed my ISP from Talk Talk to BT internet, so that would make a differenc. I have tried to get help from BT internet, but as yet have had no luck.

Woolwell 11:19 15 May 2012

Concur with spuds. It would seem that you need to set up Outlook although puzzled that you can receive but also state that when loading it show 25%, etc. Do you mean Outlook Express? Does this 25%, etc occur only when sending?

Yorkie 1 11:35 15 May 2012

When I firststart up Outlook ( It is Outlook, NOT Outlook Express), in that bottom line on the right hand side, it says Send/Receive loading 25% which changes to 50%, then 75% but never gets to 100% which I imagine it ought to do.

onthelimit1 11:40 15 May 2012

You say you changed from TT to BT - normally when changing ISPs you have to start using a new email address supplied by the new provider. What email are you trying to use?

Yorkie 1 11:46 15 May 2012

Hi onthelimit1, I have over the years acquired 3 email addresses which are quite widely known, actually BT is the fourth and not widely known. Are you saying that I need to simplyfy it to one address and inform all my correspondants?

Woolwell 11:46 15 May 2012

When you see the send receive you should be able to click on it and get the details and see where it gets stuck. Which version of Outlook - 2003, 2007 or 2010 or earlier? OS is?

Has it ever worked?

Woolwell 11:47 15 May 2012

You do not need to simplify it (I have 4 e-mail addresses) but you do need to make sure that you have the right outgoing settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?