Emachine E525 will not turn on

rubygxx 16:54 12 Jul 2014

Hello, i have an Emachine E525 , the girl said it did not seem to be holding a charge , sometimes when switching it on , it just had black screen with press f2 for set up press f12 for boot order, then it went off and back on just giving same screen , it beeps every second time it comes on, i shut it down to try googling for some ideas before doing anything, then i came across an idea to remove battery, press power button for 30 secs, then put charger in , leave battery out and try powering it up, this did not work, there are no lights now whatsoever, no sounds like its trying to do anything, is this dead or does anyone think it is recoverable, thanks

Jollyjohn 18:21 12 Jul 2014

I think the charger has failed. Get a known good working charger and try it.

Battery may recover with a good charge, used until empty then recharged.

alanrwood 10:56 13 Jul 2014

Or get a local electrician to test the voltage out of the adaptor and for an intermittent break in the cable to the computer.

alanrwood 10:58 13 Jul 2014

A replacement adaptor is only cheap on eBay

click here

rubygxx 13:27 13 Jul 2014

Thanks, going to get new adaptor, see what happens , thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:58 13 Jul 2014

Check dc jack size and the voltage on the adaptor, probably 19V, and borrow one first as they can be quite expensive.

If new adaptor does't solve problem it could be a loose DC jack on the motherboard causing the problem, does it wobble when you plug it in?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:58 13 Jul 2014

Check fuse in plug first :0)

alanrwood 18:52 13 Jul 2014

Hi FB

The adaptor I linked to was about £6 I think. I bought one for my Lenovo from the same source and it is working well.

rubygxx 10:20 19 Jul 2014

Thanks to all, new plug and adaptor arrived today, plugged into laptop, still no sign of life, no lights or anything to say its charging, the jack does not seem slack or loose in any way, and obviously it still wont switch on, think this laptop may be dead

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 19 Jul 2014

try it with the battery out

rubygxx 11:58 19 Jul 2014

ok, will give that a go again, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?