Electrical connections...

wotbus@ 20:27 22 Feb 2006

I refer to the twisted wires Green/Black, Red/Black and Yellow/Black between the On/Off switch, the LED's of the front panel [HDD activity/Power] and the x2 Pin plastic motherboard connectors. Would anyone know if these are readilly available made-up with the connector one end and the LED at the other, and if so the source? Cheers.

woodchip 20:33 22 Feb 2006

Some where like Maplin, or a Electronics shop. Off a Old Computer at recycle tip

woodchip 20:35 22 Feb 2006

PS a Led only works when plugged in the right configuration. If it don't work turn the plug round

wotbus@ 20:40 22 Feb 2006

I thought it may come to that. The reason I ask is I am putting together a hybrid out of redundant bits but had to buy a new mobo. The connector pins on the mobo are in x2 connections but the old front panel "cluster" has a six in-line plastic bit which of course can't be bodged. Thanks for the tip about the LED. ;-)

wotbus@ 16:39 23 Feb 2006

Found a site in the states which sells the lot already made up for $10 but I popped into a PC Gamer shop this afternoon just to ask if they had any idea where to get what I want, and to my surprise the guy went backstage and came back with a handfull of assorted wires/connectors which he gave to me. What a nice chap ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone