Rich... 02:54 09 May 2004

Hi all,

I hoping to some of you this is an easy question but its sure confusing me and having nowhere else to turn ill ask you all.

My mother in law recently asked me to buy and install a new DVD writer for her and take care of all the set-up, checking for compatability with her player etc.

Anyway the problem im having is that the drives I saw listed in PC Advisor said that the connection required by the drives was EIDE.

Now im familiar with IDE but I have never come across EIDE before and was wondering what the difference was (if any) and how this will effect the purchase (trying desperately not to mess this up).

FYI her current motherboard is a K7SEM (this was all the infor I was able to ascertain but im about 95% sure that its the Mobo seen at this link click here and could open her case up to double check if that would help anyway.

Thanks in advance


  hugh-265156 03:26 09 May 2004

EIDE (enhanced integrated drive electronics)

IDE (integrated drive electronics) means the same thing basically nowdays.

just depends on the manufacturer how it is written.

sometimes its written as EIDE(IDE)

confusing isnt it :-)

same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)