Egg Software

Malapoa1 14:21 19 Apr 2008

Has anyone any experience of Egg Software. Their offer on Office 2007 seems to be too good to be true.

johndrew 15:27 19 Apr 2008

Do you mean this click here?

I know nothing of the company, but it does look a good deal. However I have always believed that if something is too good to be true ...... So I would be naturally suspicious until I checked it out.

Alternatively, Open Office click here is as good (in my opinion) as MS Office and it`s free.

Malapoa1 18:35 19 Apr 2008

Hi Johndrew,

Thanks for the comment. I have the same feelings which is why I thought that I would test the waters.
When I first set up this computer I tried "Open" and "Ability" and went for the latter but have not been happy. When you can find out how it works (It looks like Office but does not feel like it) it seems yohave allsorts of niggles e.g. in "Write", if you want to set up columns you need to run the cursor down the page to wake it up, select the blank page and then set up the columns. If you treat it like Office and just set up columns for the page it only applies the set up to the top few lines then reverts to no columns!
I may give "Open" another try but I have a 150 entry database on names and addresses in "Ability"
which, try as hard as I can, will not print them in any font other then Arial 13pt. which is too big for the labels I use. I can change the sort order to alphabetical surnames and initials within the table but, although I save the table it still prrints the labels out of oreder!
Happy days - come back XP and Office 2000.

Fingees 18:42 19 Apr 2008

There are numerous places beginning to sell MS office at about £40-£80 now, if you google you'll find them.

It's probably due to 2008 being released soon,if not already.

All the best.

Malapoa1 16:00 20 Apr 2008

Thanks Fingees,
Point taken - I might miss Egg though and use one of the others as Egg mention OEM and pre-registration, for which they send the key my E-maul, as that may create problems.

Malapoa

Sea Urchin 19:15 22 Apr 2008

Looks like you were wise to steer clear of this too-good-to-be-true Egg software - no longer available

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone