EFH Broadband problems

Mysticnas 13:27 25 Nov 2004

Hi all...

My brother recently left pipex for an isp called EfhBroadband because it was cheaper.

Anyway... Over the past week or so we've had problems connecting. We use a Netgear Modem-router DM602 (i think, i'm in town now in the college), and PC's run XPpro.

Whenever we phone them up they tell us to check the modem settings which we already do anyway and then sometimes while i'm on the phone to them it starts working. I ask them what they did to fix it and they say they didn't do anything they don't know what was wrong with it.

Anyway, on tuesday i was on the phone to them again for about 30mins or so. The lady told me to change user-name and password, which seemed to fix the problem. Until yesterday mid-day so i called up and they had an answering machine on saying the office was closed, eventually the net came back on later in the day. Then this morning, when i turned on my monitor went to connect there was no connection!

Tried calling them again this morning but the line was engaged for ages. When i finally got through the lady said they've just moved office and don't have their computers up and running yet. Took down my details and said she'd get the suppliers(?) to do a fault report and get back to me.

Has anyone else heard of, use, used or had any experience with this company?

Thanks

deke 13:37 25 Nov 2004

Have a wee lookie here,It might help!!

click here

Mysticnas 14:02 25 Nov 2004

Thanks, but i've already tried what they've said on that forum.

I suppose i'll just have to wait for them to get back in touch with me then.

Mysticnas 15:13 26 Nov 2004

it seemed to have come back on again.

Don't know why or how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?