The effect of traffic on site ranking?

ade.h 22:16 21 Jul 2006

I understand that it does have an effect, but how exactly? Is it solely down to click-throughs from that particular search engine, or is overall traffic influential? And if it is, how do the search engines get know your traffic stats? Do they have access to them?

ade.h 19:21 22 Jul 2006

Thanks John. Good points.

I have been wondering about this recently, having helped someone with a new site - zero ranking at this early stage, but newly indexed by all the search engines. I had wondered about helping it along through the early days by searching for it and clicking through to it on a regular basis. I think that it might help while genuine traffic is limited.

tlionhart 23:41 22 Jul 2006

sometimes its your keywords and whats actually writtern on the website page itself...

Things like;
-Alt tags
-Headers (H1, H2) are handy
-using keywords that are in the meta...and finding places to add keywords on your main page

...its quite all fustrating, but takes at least 6months to get somewhere!

I used this site to get me hits: redirectedvisitors.com
(i went for the cheapest option)

And i think this site is really good!
click here

good luck!

ade.h 14:28 23 Jul 2006

We're not discussing the obvious standard practices that we know are important to site ranking. I'm talking about the comment that traffic affects ranking, which has often cropped up in advice over the last few years in this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires