editing site created by Dreamweaver with FP2003

dobbin 17:47 02 Mar 2007

Following advice from members of this forum I have had my web site updated professionally. Lack of time [and probably knowledge] prevented me doing it myself but I would like to tweak and update it from time to time. The site was created using Dreamweaver which I don't have; would I be able to edit it with Frontpage 2003 without messing everything up or do I need to buy Dreamweaver?

Gingermum 19:12 02 Mar 2007

First of all, you can only use FP if FP extensions are installed on your server.
If FP extensions are installed, then try opening the site on the server and publishing to your own computer. Then play around with it in FP and see what happens.
There's no definitive answer. A lot depends on the technologies and programming languages used.

dobbin 10:03 03 Mar 2007

the site is being moved off a server with fp extensions to a unix server as the enquiry form won't work. So I guess the answer is I will have dig deep into my pockets and buy dreamweaver

Forum Editor 11:45 03 Mar 2007

can be edited in FP 2003 and vice versa - you just need to import the site into FP and away you go.

Any web host worthy of the name will happily instal FP extensions for you, in fact, with most decent hosting packages you get a control panel, from which you can enable/disable the extensions yourself.

dobbin 12:03 03 Mar 2007

thank you forum editor, thats what I hoped to hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017