Editing personal dvd

Blacki 14:51 22 Jul 2005

Hi,

I got a 2 dvds of a weddng here and i would like to edit them. They are both my own personal property and amateur made. I tried windows movie maker and arcsoft dvd maker but none of them will allow me to import them. They are IFO files.

Does anyone know of any good software or ideas.

Thanks

Technotiger 15:05 22 Jul 2005

Hi, If you had a TV Card fitted in your pc, you would be able to play your dvd's and record them to your hd - you could then edit them to your hearts delight and re-submit them to dvd. Don't ask me about all the various connections needed, but I am sure someone else thinking along these lines will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Cheers.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:40 22 Jul 2005

goto click here get a free dvd to avi converter then you can inport into win movie maker to edit

David4637 17:02 23 Jul 2005

Can you recommend a DVD to AVI software converter from the freeware link you provided. None seem to have very good comments from the users. Thanks David

Blacki 10:29 24 Jul 2005

i have used simpledivx. It seems to have work so far. Hope this helps

David4637 21:02 25 Jul 2005

I have looked at the link for simpledivx - click here. Do you require a codec for DVD to AVI, and if so which one? Thanks David

David4637 15:03 26 Jul 2005

Please let me know whether a codec is required for simpledivx? Thanks David

Blacki 20:35 26 Jul 2005

Not sure about what codec it uses. It seems to set to custom. I didn't change any settings. I just used the codec that was supplied with the software. Sorry i couldn't be more help. If you come across any more info can you let me know.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?