Editing an e-commerce site

slightlymad 21:14 07 Apr 2007

I have been asked to show a small business how it can "take control" of its site click here, currently edited by a hosting company.

The site has been developed using 'Lasso', and I have no knowledge of content management software. Would it be possible to add/edit the site content (not the products) without using this programme?

mco 16:28 08 Apr 2007

is it me or are you sure you have the right link?

slightlymad 17:10 08 Apr 2007

Sorry... here it is: click here

TomLinny 15:05 10 Apr 2007

Id guess everything inside the 'shop' folder would not be editable without the ecommerce program. Get the ftp details and you will then be able to login view the site files and determine which parts of the site you can edit.

slightlymad 15:26 10 Apr 2007

Thanks, TomLinny. I've got the ftp details and all the site files have .lasso extensions. Not looking good, is it..?

But here's the odd thing - obviously I can't open any of the Lasso files, but if I view the source code on the actual site, it's HTML and therefore editable. I suspect that Server Side Includes (of which I know nothing) are in use.

Is there a glimmer of hope?!

TomLinny 12:21 12 Apr 2007

Yeah the html pages will be generated by the ecommerce package server side. Looks like the only way would be to use the lasso package unless anyone else has any ideas???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?