editing a dvd recorder dvd

logpile 11:03 16 Sep 2010

I record tv programs and camcorder video on my LG dvd recorder and use the recorder to burn to a dvd disc. I would like to be able to transfer to my PC which is XP media edition and edit out parts ie adverts and also compile recordings from different discs to a new disc. I have tried Ashampoo and two free downloads but cannot get them to work properly. Can anyone suggest an easy to use software, I am not proficient enough to understand all the different codes/formats so need something easy - one sight mentioned Corel Movie Factory

mooly 11:37 16 Sep 2010

Can't answer your question specifically... as I have never tried it but does windows movie maker not allow you to do all this,
click here

Also, the "easy" option is if you have a DVD recorder with hard drive. On many you can then "divide" and "combine" the recordings on the HDD. Then copy to disc.

logpile 14:06 16 Sep 2010

tks your message but windows does not seem to like the format.
Yes I have edited using my dvd recorder but when you do edit you can only burn to a disc a normal playing speed and not fast which takes about 5 mins for and hour or so's recording non edited. Apart from that once the disc has been finalized it will not load back on to the hard drive. Hence I need a program that will enable my finalized disc to be put the pc hard drive and then edit same.

eedcam 19:28 16 Sep 2010

The best for doing just as you ask is Video re do alas its not free but the 2 week trial is fully working and well worth trying .If you do not want to pay for software the DVD shrink is perfectly capable of allowing you to remove commercials and join clips its free and a bit irksome to use till you get the hang of it but fro free its also well worth looking at
You should not be considering converting your dvd is in Mpeg format and both the programmes will retain that so no conversion loss
I can guide you through shrink if needed VDR you should find easier
click here
click here

robin_x 21:20 16 Sep 2010

Have a mooch around these.

click here

click here

click here

I like Womble very much but it's only a 30 day trial unless you want to shell out some bucks.

click here

robin_x 21:22 16 Sep 2010

Oops - Tweakhound - Click the XP link, I sent W7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?