Edit / Upload Website

CLB 00:08 25 Sep 2008

Hi

I've got a website but do not have any editing software on my computer where I now do the majority of my work.

Is there a way I can upload images or copy & paste over an old image? Also, if I write an html file can I again upload this or copy / paste over the web page that is there?

If not possible can I download anything that I can edit this for me?

Thanks

Charlie

DieSse 01:36 25 Sep 2008

How was your website written in the first place?

If you understand website coding (HTML et al) - then you can do anything you want with a text editor.

You can download Komposer for free - whether they will help you depends on your existing website and what you understand about website construction.

No - you can't "copy and paste" over an old image in the way I think you mean. You could upload a new image with the same name and properties as an existing one, if you know how to ftp to it.

Komposer click here

tstruth 17:33 30 Sep 2008

We have an existing website that was created and uploaded by a design company and I now want to edit it using software on my computer (ideally free).

I do not know how to write html or any other coding.

I would like to be able to edit images / text and add or delete pages.

Is there anything available that I can download?

Thanks,

Tim

DieSse 18:16 30 Sep 2008

Try Komposer - as above.

Ideally you should start your own thread - as this way you won't get emailed about your question - but CLB will!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?