the edge browser home page

MJS WARLORD 21:50 12 Apr 2017

i installed the new microsoft package and since then i have been unable to make THE EDGE browser set google search bar ..... the one in the middle of the screen , as my home page. i tried it myself because i knew what to do and the edges search engine BING would not find it. i googled how to do it ..... it said put www.google.com in the settings home page box ..... it tried it but it only worked once. bing wont even find the google search bar address box when i put it as a short cut on the toolbar.

MJS WARLORD 22:09 12 Apr 2017

quick update to everyone it seems like big brother Microsoft strikes again.

I had not scrolled far enough down the advanced settings tabs , where it says change search engine from bing .... this is greyed out so it cant be done .

I gues I will have to carry on using 2 browsers google chrome and edge.

Forum Editor 22:33 12 Apr 2017

"I gues I will have to carry on using 2 browsers google chrome and edge."

Why will you have to do that? Just set Chrome as your default browser, and forget about Edge - unless you want to use it, of course.

rdave13 16:57 13 Apr 2017

In Edge click the 'Settings and more' (three dots) then settings, 'Open Microsoft Edge with' and in the box use the down arrow to select 'A specific page or pages'. Type the 3 Ws Google .co.uk and click on the floppy disk icon to save. Then I suggest that opening new tabs is set to 'A blank page'.

In the 'Advanced settings' link select to 'Show the Home button' to ON then in the dropdown menu select 'A specific page'. Type the Google . co .uk address again and again use the floppy disk icon to save. Close Edge and reopen. So Edge will start with Google and a new tab will open blank but if you click on the 'Home' Icon at the top then Google search page opens.

rdave13 17:02 13 Apr 2017

Should have said I've changed the Google address as it will change to a link here or used to do. WWW.google.co.uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)