ED - Toshiba Advert..Thought you were getting rid

robin_x 06:35 21 May 2009

It would be OK if it disappeared in 3 or 5 seconds. But it doesnt and blocks the page.

robin_x 06:44 21 May 2009

Just noticed the close button at bottom right. Sorry.

robin_x 06:48 21 May 2009

It's still bloody annoying though.

skidzy 07:16 21 May 2009

If this starting at startup,stop it via MSCONFIG.

If Vista,just type MSCONFIG in the start search box and select startup,scroll through and untick the Toshiba entry and apply and ok.

Same with xp except,Start / run / and type MSCONFIG.

birdface 07:28 21 May 2009

I use this.
click here and never get any sort of PCA adverts.But not sure if it works for everyone.

ronalddonald 07:42 21 May 2009

the same problem and its very annoying when reading a post and half of it cant be read due to these type of adverts, may be pc ad should have a forum for adverts so if we want to see them we can click on the a forum button.

May be we pc advisor users should charge a commission for seeing such adverts hee hee

Zaphod 3 10:25 21 May 2009

It is a vast improvement on the other day. At least now it closes and does not then re-open from the right.

Don't forget that if was not for the adverts the site would not be free.

Stuartli 10:39 21 May 2009

Why should the Toshiba advertisement appear in the Start Up listings?

It certainly doesn't appear in mine - I've checked out of morbid curiosity more than expectation...:-)

cream. 11:33 21 May 2009

:-))

skidzy 13:52 21 May 2009

ha ha Stu

Just before i went off to work and did not read properly.....Doh !!!

The MVPS Hosts file is the best policy here or something really simple like Noscript for Firefox click here or Adblockplus click here

Graphicool1 14:03 21 May 2009

It isn't having adds on the page that's a problem. Pop-up blockers won't stop 'adds' unless they are popping up. What we need is a way to stop the 'mouse-over' effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?