ed-0

woodchip 19:52 09 Feb 2007

Finally fixed Win98se by getting this, click here

t was a Black one. But got it Clearance at MAPLIN £35. It plugs into a Multi PCI card that as 5 USB2, 2 Firewire, 1 SATA and 1 PATA connections. Also Clearance from Maplin.
Cannot find the price any where on the net, to compare

woodchip 20:35 09 Feb 2007

^

ed-0 22:51 09 Feb 2007

Ah, found it.

That looks like a good piece of kit.

3 usb's, 2 firewire, audio, multi card and two power outs. Wow.

Are they fed off the motherboard or are they linked to the rear ports of the machine. And how on earth is it drawing a 5v and 12v power source.

So you have finally got a front firewire port. lol

Looks good, well done.

woodchip 22:58 09 Feb 2007

Yep it all works now, But at the moment the sound is plugged in the back through one of the slots rather than onto Sound header, as they have jack plugs but are easy to remove to fite on Header. But may change it after. Not used the sata or pata drive connections yet. But all work now with 98se. only thing that's missing is File format Fat32 not NTFS it's a shame but have to stick with that on 98se. otherwise well satisfied on how it now works. Plus the keyboard space bar is not that good, I have to read text and go back to break words up

woodchip 23:00 09 Feb 2007

Bar needs a deliberate push for it to work. At the mo I am sat by the fire on Laptop as the snow falls

woodchip 23:06 09 Feb 2007

The front bay is plugged into the PSU power plugs that go to drives. Think the power is regulated at the bay so it can have camara plugged in rather than running from battery. supplied with a lead for both sockets

ed-0 23:09 09 Feb 2007

You don't seem to have much joy with the keyboards.

My front bay box of tricks just runs a couple of usb's, one firewire and front audio. All the leads trial through the box to the rear and plug in there. Mind you I must of had it for nearly three years and I hardly ever use the desktop.

The laptops are versatile.

How come you lot are nicking all the snow thats coming over the pennines. All we are getting is a bit of sleet and a few flodded roads. We have had blazing sunshine most of the day.

ed-0 23:11 09 Feb 2007

" The front bay is plugged into the PSU power plugs that go to drives. Think the power is regulated at the bay so it can have camara plugged in rather than running from battery. supplied with a lead for both sockets "

Sounds like you have a real bargain there. If I ever need one that is so versatile, I'll know were to look first.

woodchip 23:18 09 Feb 2007

You can have mine if you want, Snow that is. Forecast 8" for morning. Well today this morning, I could not get warm just with Gas fire, so C\Heating was turned on for the day. And I have not shifted far from my fireside chair. The keyboard cannot just remember what make, but you would know if I said starts with L not Logitec

woodchip 23:19 09 Feb 2007

Seam to think it's Logistic

woodchip 23:21 09 Feb 2007

Not been able to find a price on line for the bay to check as the link I posted does not say. How do they expext to sell without price on stuff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?