ECS Geforce7050 Motherboard AMD X2 3800

hinchie 12:00 10 Jan 2010

hi all, i have the above board and processor, i cant get it to boot up though, i only have a 20 pin atx power supply, could this be the problem?
i managed to get halfway through win xp installation, prompted for a restart and wont do nowt now. fans spin hard drive whirrs but no action anyone help?

OTT_Buzzard 12:51 10 Jan 2010

If the motherboard has a 24 pin connection block on it (which i think it has) then i'm suprised you get as far as half an XP installation!

When the PC starts up, do you get any BIOS post details? Ot is it just fan noise and nothing else?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:29 10 Jan 2010

i managed to get halfway through win xp installation, prompted for a restart and wont do nowt now. fans spin hard drive whirrs but no action anyone help?

probably nothing to do with the motherboard (fans spin hard drive whirrs ) XP can have a black screen for a long time (20 mins) at this point in the install process.
try waiting for awhile.

hinchie 17:00 10 Jan 2010

ott buzzard, does this mean i need a 24 pin psu?? if sohow do i know which voltage to get as there is many on market?

GaT7 17:11 10 Jan 2010

As it's an older motherboard, & the 20pin almost worked (!), a 20pin to 24pin converter cable click here might be sufficient.

But it will depend on the rest of your hardware - so what else do you have in terms of CPU (single/dual core), RAM (number of modules), hard & optical drives (number of drives) & dedicated graphics card?

Otherwise it would be safest to go for a standard ATX PSU click here (choose Super Saver at checkout to keep costs down). All modern-day PSUs are 20+4 or 24pin, so not to worry there. G

hinchie 17:13 10 Jan 2010

i didnt see ur second question, i get nothing now, however when i was using it in another pc last night, i think his was a 24 pin... changed bk to mine and nothing :-(

GaT7 17:13 10 Jan 2010

"....how do i know which voltage to get"

Tell us the entire spec of the PC, including dedicated graphics card if applicable. G

GaT7 17:15 10 Jan 2010

"...changed bk to mine and nothing :-("

Looks like a new PSU is required then. G

GaT7 17:15 10 Jan 2010

"....how do i know which voltage to get"

Tell us the entire spec of the PC, including dedicated graphics card if applicable. G

hinchie 17:20 10 Jan 2010

crossbow, i have
amd x2 3800 processor dual core
2gb ram ddr2-533mhz pc2-400
ide 80gb hdd (small i know)
1 usb external dvd writer
no dedicated graphics card

a note, there is a 4 pin power cable which goes at the side of the heatsink/fan, is this the correct place?

hinchie 17:23 10 Jan 2010

hope this helps crossbow.. i am lookin at updating to sata hdd eventually as 4x sata ports not not just yet (money)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache