Echolife HG521 Wireless Problems

Jon-1458676 13:39 30 Jun 2010

I have recently purhcased an HG521 wireless router from Talk Talk having experienced problems with my old Linksys router. Using the setup CD provided all the indicator lights say it's all systems go, but it's not! I have an ethernet network connection from my desktop to the router. Despite there being an broadband connection indicated my desktop fails to display any webpages. The strange thing is my antivirus can perform automatic updates and i can connect to the web from my work laptop wirelessly using the router. Can anyone explain why this is happening and provide a solution - Talk Talk Techs weren't much help as I got cut off after 30 mins whilst performing a series of check routines for the operator?.

woodchip 14:02 30 Jun 2010

Check that Firewall is not stopping you. If Windows Firewall turn it off to check

Jon-1458676 22:09 30 Jun 2010

Unfortunately, disarming the windows firewall didn't help........ I'm not sure whether this is worthy of note but it all went pete tong with my previous router around the time Talk Talk migrated me onto their "next gen" network for phone & broadband at my local exchange. Since then I have no end of trouble. I was quite happily working away as a tiscali customer on their "old" network! Interestingly I can get a broadband connection from desktop still using my Speedtouch 330 USB modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017