ebuyer delivery question

anthonystorey 19:33 18 Jun 2007

im going to order some ram from ebuyer this will be my first order will they just post it or will i have to be in to sign for the delivery
thanks in advance

They tend to use Citylink, therefore you will have to be in to sign for it.

if posted via royal mail unrecorded,it will be posted
i assume they use a courier service therefore will require a signature for the goods.

anthonystorey 20:41 18 Jun 2007

looks like a saturday delivery then
tony

spuds 21:18 18 Jun 2007

Ram usually arrives in a Jiffy bag via normal postie methods. Larger boxed items via CityLink and require signature. Ebuyer have a tracking system, which may keep you informed about delivery arrangements.

I purchase a number of items from Ebuyer on a monthly basis, and today received a 'normal' consignment which should have taken less than 5 working days, but as taken over 9 working days (1st time this as happened, so not very happy).

Legolas 21:24 18 Jun 2007

Saturday delivery from ebuyer will cost you plenty. If you are out they will attempt to deliver to a neighbour

robbiepaul79 09:23 19 Jun 2007

They wont deliver it to a neighbour if its a first time buy at least with my experience. I had a bad one took a day off work for delivery and it didnt come i wasnt a happy chappy.

Zaphod 3 10:20 19 Jun 2007

Personally I would rather use Crucial.

click here

spuds 10:30 19 Jun 2007

Saturday deliveries can be a problem, due to courier drivers availability and Saturday delivery workload (they ain't going to deliver, if they have 6 parcels for a mornings work!).

The postman or CityLink will not leave items with neighbours, unless there is a special in-place pre-arrangement, due to security and safeguard reasons. We have this arrangement in-place because of the amount of regular deliveries that we have.

Would also mention that I have checked with Ebuyer this morning, and there are some slight delays due to increased workloads.

€dstowe 10:33 19 Jun 2007

I always buy RAM from Crucial, like Zaphod 3. Their stock, delivery and guarantees cannot be beaten.

Totally-braindead 10:59 19 Jun 2007

The last time I used Ebuyer of the 13 items ordered 7 were dead on arrival including the RAM. I too only use Crucial now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone