ebay sign in

highside 22:52 08 May 2007

Anyone help please, for years I have been able to "remain signed in" in ebay, ie by ticking the box the sign in would remain valid (for a dayunder presemt rules). Suddenly I have to sign in every time I return to the site, even after just a few minutes away from the site.
I have cleared history and cookies as suggested by ebay, I have been into ebay preferences and apllied a tick to "keep signed in" and ticked apply. The system accepts the change but the problem is still there. Have also tried turning off Windows Firewall.
Thanks for looking.

johnem 22:57 08 May 2007

Are you running IE7 by any chance. If so, go to tools, privacy, advanced and click on "Overide automatic cookie handling" and "always allow cookie sessions"
Hope this helps.

highside 18:58 09 May 2007

johnem - thanks for your reply, have ticked the two boxes but unfortunately still have the problem, very annoying as I am using My ebay alot at present. I do have IE7. Have done everything that ebay suggested inluding turning off Win firewall. The silly thing is that in Ebay preferences it says that I do have the facility selected and it is in fact ticked but even so I still have to sign in completely for every visit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?