eBay and PayPal

highside 13:20 31 Dec 2013

Given up trying to get PayPal to understand me can anyone here help please. Used eBay/PayPal for years, bought something yesterday and the deal was completed and paid for without a Paypal form appearing. I could not enter my PayPal password because everything was sewn up as soon as I entered my eBay password.

Is this not a security risk? And as paypal form did not appear I could not see the total cost including their fees and exchange rate (euro to GBP in my case.) As far as the computer goes I never tick boxes to store passwords.so how come my PayPal one can get bypassed? Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question but Im more likely to get a sensible answer on this site.

bumpkin 13:38 31 Dec 2013

Login to your Paypal account, go to profile/My money/My pre-approved payments. There you will see if you have any that you are not aware of and remove them.

Ex plorer 14:20 31 Dec 2013

Sounds as if you have clicked the the one click payment button, You may have set it up a few months ago. Pay-Pal would have emailed you and asked if you you wanted this option. Its the same as Amazon one click buy or very similar. I have used it many times.

Ex plorer 14:41 31 Dec 2013

Its called (Buy Now) See This

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone