Ebay ; Loss of highlighted boxes

Jeffersonrex 13:56 05 Feb 2011

I cannot access some areas of the site because the "boxes" have either disappeared altogether ( ie.feedback comment box ) or are colourless making it difficult to locate. Ebay have been notified but dont seen interested in replying. Any ideas ?.

spuds 16:22 05 Feb 2011

I have just had a look at eBay, and nothing is amiss here.

Have you tried changing your browser?.

Jeffersonrex 17:23 05 Feb 2011

Ebay have replied it is no their fault but mine. Carried out s series of "commands" , clearing Cache/cookies/enabling Java . Still no luck. Still open to suggestions ?.

Catastrophe 22:20 03 Mar 2011

I had what sounds like the same problem except that if you looked very carefully you could just read it. Something like white print on VERY pale blue background.

I got by because a) I remembered what boxes were and b) could JUST confirm by reading.

Mewanwhile I got new pc (not for this reason) and problem went away.

Jeffersonrex 08:44 04 Mar 2011

The problem has been found - I will post the info. for the benefit of others.....Quite simply I hadnt ( to be precise couldnt ) update my computer because of an outdated Bulldog security package which was blocking my every attempt. Removing that brought everything back far better than I would have believed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?