EBAY FRAUD??? Telephone number needed

muscic lover 14:01 14 Nov 2003

Recently banks have been hit by fraud emails asking for 'personal details' and links to a site where accounts can be overtaken (so i believe).

E-bay (perhaps) has sent a re-register letter to me asking me to re-register within 24 hours or my account will be unusable...... Is this a new varient on the same scam lines?

I would like to check with ebay about this by phone but I am unable to get a phone number for the customer support...... I have tried using Google and thier own website to get it and cant! I may be using the wrong keywords?!

I would like the UK number if anybody knows of it. Many thanks in advance.

Jester2K II 14:02 14 Nov 2003

Scam - delete and ignore.

Jester2K II 14:05 14 Nov 2003

Go to click here

Click Helpat the top

then

Topics > Safe Trading > Spoof Emails

Jester2K II 14:05 14 Nov 2003

Report suspicious email

Help us keep our community safe. If you have any doubt whether an email is from eBay, forward the message to [email protected] immediately. Don't alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment - doing so makes it more difficult for us to react quickly.

muscic lover 14:22 14 Nov 2003

MANY thanks kind Jester2K II. It has now been deleted from my PC and am happy to say i reported it too!

Puts my aching brain at rest and keeps me happy!

Thank you again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?