EasyCD Creator - Music Won`t Play On Other Players

Taff36 15:20 01 Dec 2003

I recorded a music CD using version 5 so that I have a copy for the car but it will not even play on the home stereo. It has recorded OK because it will play on the computer from the D drive.

I don`t normally use CD Creator because I find WMP9 sufficient but this said that the last track "will not fit" - strange that too because even CD Creator says there is 242 MB free on the written disk.

Anyone give me a clue please?

stlucia 16:09 01 Dec 2003

Have you used Easy CD Creator to "create a music CD", or have you used it to copy your tracks from your PC onto a CD? If so, it won't play on any CD player except the one in your computer.

dagbladet 16:15 01 Dec 2003

Somewhere in the settings there is an option to record using Disc-at-once(DAO) or Track-at-once(TAO). You need to use DAO. I don't know the techy details, but I had exactly the same problem and this fixed it.

Diodorus Siculus 16:19 01 Dec 2003

Nero can protect music so that it will only play on the PC you copy it on. Maybe EasyCD creator does the same - check for an option to turn this off.

stlucia 16:28 01 Dec 2003

In my experience, if you use TAO instead of DAO, or add tracks to the CD after the first recording (the same thing, I think), your domestic player will probably play the first track but not the rest.

Taff36 16:34 01 Dec 2003

Thanks for the quick responses all - I will check it out tonight and get back to you.Strange that WMP9 says that the files won`t fit though - any thoughts from anyone?

Confab 16:35 01 Dec 2003

Are you using CDR's or CDRW's?

byfordr 16:37 01 Dec 2003

Have you finialised the disc?

Jakey boy 17:01 01 Dec 2003

Is your home cd player quite old? If so, it could be that it won't recognise cd-r's of certain types. I've had this problem, and spent a fortune on different makes/configurations of cd-r's to no avail. I've now just about given up!

Taff36 10:01 07 Jan 2004

stlucia dagbladet
The penny finally dropped over the Christmas break when I had a bit of time to play around with the settings and defaults. You were both correct and when I read through the helpfiles on your suggestions it all became clear - many thanks

Jester2K 10:03 07 Jan 2004

So what was the problem then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie