Easycap doesn't work

MalcolmPorter 12:21 06 Sep 2008

Hi,

New to the Forum, so please excuse me if I get things wrong!

Just want to install the Easycap device (not the garbage software package that came with it!!).

My Magix Video Deluxe 2.0 Plus just doesn;t see the device.

Also, XP keeps telling me that the device could go faster!

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Malcolm.

Fingees 14:03 06 Sep 2008

If xp tells you it could go faster, it's probably because your usb is working as usb ver 1 as opposed to usb 2, that most are nowadays.

Just a thought.

T0SH 14:40 06 Sep 2008

A Google search for Easycap driver came up with this in the header

"Unplug the easycap USB cable. Reboot. Login and insert the install CD that came with easycap run the autorun. With Easycap unplugged, choose Install Driver"

From this it would appear that the USB driver can be loaded without installing any other software

Cheers HC

Sea Urchin 14:40 06 Sep 2008

I don't know the Easycap device, but I assume the "garbage software" that you don't wish to install might include a driver. If so, that could be why the device is "not seen".

MalcolmPorter 08:35 07 Sep 2008

Thanks for your replies - yes, I've searched the web and come up with the same remedies.
I did reinstall using the driver only (I did not reinstall the application). Still no joy.
Any other thoughts?
M.

Technotiger 08:43 07 Sep 2008

I am not familiar with Easycap device, however, perhaps the device is not backward compatible USB-wise. It would appear that you do not have USB2 capability on your PC - easily remedied by fitting a PCI USB2 card. click here

Technotiger 08:44 07 Sep 2008

Welcome to the best Forum on the Net!!

Technotiger 08:51 07 Sep 2008

I have now familiarised myself with Easycap - on the site which I looked at, it did most definitely state 'USB2 Port' when referring to the PC connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie