Easy way of converting VOB to MPEG1?

phuck 11:24 23 Jan 2006

I'm at my wit's end trying to complete this process as absolutely nothing seems to work. I can rip the DVDs to my harddrive fine, but when it comes to converting/joining them as MPEG1 files it becomes mission impossible. I've downloaded several shareware programs that are meant to do the job, but have encountered problems with all of them. The nearest I have come to the completed project is an mpeg file that only plays audio and for some reason not video, as mentioned in a previous thread of mine.

Is there no simple, free way of doing this? Programs I've tried include:

mpeg-vcr, Dr. Divx, 1st video converter, AVI to MPEG, All video converter, FlasKMPEG.

SANTOS7 11:28 23 Jan 2006

The first advice to you my friend would be to change the login name you have chosen,
this is a forum for all ages and many will find it vulgar..........

petah 11:31 23 Jan 2006

Sorry, I have changed it, but it wasn't made with vulgar intent. My surname is huck and the first letter of my first name is P. I didn't see it as a problem.

dan12 12:14 23 Jan 2006
  rsinbad 12:43 23 Jan 2006

cant see any problem with your original name,however click here

petah 15:29 23 Jan 2006

thanks, tried both of those but unfortunately neither work. i've deleted everything i've previously attempted with this dvd and started again. downloaded winavi which lets me convert fine, but now I have the reverse problem to the previous - video plays, but no sound! any ideas?

flimbo 15:58 23 Jan 2006

I used this at the weekend to rip a DVD to fit on a single CD. DVDX click here
It worked brilliantly.

flimbo 16:01 23 Jan 2006

Theres a very good selection of guides on converting DVD to various formats here too. click here

Boy Zone 16:04 23 Jan 2006

Try this site

click here

Good luck

dan12 16:52 23 Jan 2006

Hi,
just few more to look through, good luck
click here

David4637 17:12 23 Jan 2006

Can you let us know what you are trying to, and what do you want the converted file to play on. Do you want to edit it, and what will it be played on. Without this info we are are all fluffing around in the dark. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017