Easy unzipper program

kimtrnc 21:35 25 Mar 2011

Any suggestions, please - preferably useable in either XP or 7.
Thanks

rdave13 21:36 25 Mar 2011
  Nontek 22:36 25 Mar 2011

Ditto rdave13, 7-zip is excellent.

cocteau48 22:58 25 Mar 2011
  kimtrnc 06:26 26 Mar 2011

Thanks guys -you all seem to agree that 7-Zip is the answer. I have downloaded it. But what I am trying to do is unzip a program called XP_CD-DVD-Fix.exe, as my disk drive, which has been perfectly good for a long, long time, has just stopped working.
But I can't get this file to unzip whichever unzipper I try to use. I suspect there is something major wrong with my system, as even the new external DVD/CD drive I bought won't work.
I should also say that I am trying to go back to XP, as I really hate 7. At the moment I am dualbooting, until I have transferred all my programs into XP. Unfortunately, I can't do this without the disk drive!

kimtrnc 06:29 26 Mar 2011

And just to really make my day - my A3 printer ahs given up the ghost too! Someone somewhere has it in-fa-my!!

octal 07:36 26 Mar 2011

I can't work out why you can't unzip it, I have just tried downloading it from this site and unzipped it without any problem click here

I notice it is a very small program of only 28KB.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having, computers, what else would we be doing if we didn't have them to talk about?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone