Easy payment scheme for Laptop ?

Baskerville 18:57 13 Nov 2010

Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a computer manufacturer in the UK that I can purchase a Laptop for my son who has Autism (Aspergers Syndrome) he likes to play games like World Of Warcraft (it helps his co-ordination)so needs a Laptop with a good graphics capability, I know that a good graphics card can cost a lot and we're not in a position to buy a great Laptop for cash, so does anyone know where I can buy one on easy terms ? WOW is coming out in a few weeks time and he wants it for Xmas, but budget Laptops may not be able to run the game.
I know that real gaming graphics are seriously expensive but we just want one that will do the job and be a decent machine for him to enjoy.
If anyone can recommend a Laptop that would be even better,

Many thanks,

Baskerville.

rdave13 19:14 13 Nov 2010

Have you thought about a 'catalogue' type of shopping. More expensive but monthly repayments.
As for a gaming laptop I can't help there. Wouldn't know af the cheapest that would run your games.
Example only; click here

GaT7 19:39 13 Nov 2010

eBuyer at APR 19.9% perhaps click here: finance terms & an example lower down the page at "16. V12 Finance Terms & Conditions" (Ctrl+F in your browser & type 'finance' in the search field & press Enter to go to it quickly).

I think the latest version is Cataclysm (click here), which states this about system requirements - from the FAQs at click here & right at the bottom:

"Will there be any updates to the graphics and changes to the minimum system requirements?

Yes, there will be incremental tweaks and updates to the graphics engine in this expansion. For example, we’ve made improvements to the way that water is rendered. We’ll announce the exact system requirements closer to the expansion’s release."

Your other recent related thread for reference click here. Have you given up on that already? G

lotvic 19:50 13 Nov 2010

You may qualify for a free laptop click here my niece got one for her autistic son.
"The programme is now focused on providing packages to families with children who have profound disabilities or special educational needs. If you are a low-income family in receipt of certain benefits you could qualify for a Home Access package with Assistive Technology.

Does your child require additional support to access a computer and the internet? Click here to find out if you are eligible for a Home Access package with Assistive Technology and find out how to get an application form."

GaT7 19:58 13 Nov 2010

Good thinking lotvic :-). I knew a family with an autistic son who got him a free laptop/PC via this scheme too. G

Paddylad 22:06 13 Nov 2010

Well done, mate, hope it works

Baskerville 11:54 26 Nov 2010

Can anyone check this out for me ? is this machine good for playing games like World Of Warcraft ? are the graphics any good for games like WOW ?

Many thanks,

Baskerville.

click here

GaT7 14:51 26 Nov 2010

Which model will you be buying in terms of the installed graphics? This particular model comes with the following: Intel HD Graphics / NVIDIA GeForce 310M / NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.

I'd go for one with the 330M at the very least to avoid disappointment. PCA review click here.

lotvic deserves a thank you for his post at the very least. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?