Easy Fix or Not ?

CTIPPO 10:16 23 Nov 2008

I wonder if you can supply a fix to a problem I have with a lap top computer I have acquired. The company I worked for recently went into liquidation and as a perk! I have a Fujitsu/Siemens Laptop running vista business .
Unfortunately I do not have Administrator rights to the computer and as such I cannot load any of my own programmes onto the computer and each time I try I am required to enter a password for the administrator. The IT department of my company has been disbanded so I cannot obtain a password.
Is there an easy fix to allow me to obtain administrator rights

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:30 23 Nov 2008
  johndrew 10:36 23 Nov 2008

To take full control of the PC you may need to clear the BIOS password click here as well as that for the Administrator click here or click here or click here.

Hope this helps.

C3 10:09 24 Nov 2008

Active Password Remover is a great little program for removing Windows passwords, very useful if you work in Computer Repair, but a little costly for a one use thing.

As it says in the article, if you do buy it, get the v3.0 DOS one as it's cheaper and works direct from a CD. Removes passwords from XP and Vista. I think it will do Win2000 as well, but the only machine I used it one had a corrupted install to start with, so it wasn't much help on that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie