Easy CD&DVD Creator v 6 - Activation problems

Stylo 13:22 04 Mar 2006

I have recently purchased & downloaded the above (Digital media suit platinum). On installation I got an error message when I tried to activate it:

"the acivation server reports that the distribution of the CD key has been disabled"

I downloaded the latest patches and all seemed well. In the last couple of days every time I start the programme it asks for activation again and now what ever I do I annot get past the message. I have Windows XP home and SP2. Reinstall has not helped.

chub_tor 14:12 04 Mar 2006

Version 6 is quite old now having been replaced by 7 then 7.5 and the latest 8. Did you purchase and download it from a Roxio recognised site to get the CD key? You could try the Roxio support site click here;jsessionid=QO23LFCSIG55ACQAMYXRVQQ they have support for lost installation CD's etc.

Stylo 23:19 04 Mar 2006

Yes I did download it from the Roxio site and have a CD key which they provided by email. I have already tried the Roxio support site before posting here but without success. I realise V6 is old and suspect they have stopped supporting it, but why then doi they offer it for sale??

chub_tor 18:57 05 Mar 2006

When I had problems after downloading v7.5 I emailed the Roxio support site and found them quite helpful in resolving my problem. It's so long ago that I can't remember exactly how long they took to reply but it wasn't more than 3 or 4 days. Might be worth trying them again; if they are still selling it then I think that they will still support it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017