Easy CD Creator

beanyboy 15:38 03 Mar 2006

I have got 5 Platinum.

Does anyone know how I can get the latest updates to this.

Does anyone know perhaps more to the point if EZCD Creator 8 ( the latest version)has "Soundstream"

THanks

Ken

chub_tor 16:35 03 Mar 2006

Latest update for version 5 click here
Version 8 features click here

beanyboy 14:50 04 Mar 2006

Thanks chub-tor , much appreciated.

However because the Features Comparison chart does not go back to Version 5.02 Platinum ,(what I've got) I still cannot establish whether the later versions have Soundstream.

I still cannot solve my download problem withe the 5 updates. I'll keep on trying.cheers.

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:05 04 Mar 2006

I have version 8, but I'm not familiar with Soundstream", I have had all previous versions, so if you tell me where to look I will let you know if it's there.

beanyboy 15:23 04 Mar 2006

I quote from the book "Soundstream is the easiest way to copy tracks from Cd's to a blank Cd ie to make a compilation which is what i do from time to time. I like to copy favourite tracks of off of Various CD's so that i can play them in the car ie all on one disc.

Soundstream allows you to do that all in one hit , so to speak , without having to burn off the tracks on hard disc first before copying them again on to a blank disc.

Soundstream is a dedicated application on Easy CD Creator 5's .

Cheers

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:28 04 Mar 2006

I have looked up "Soundstream" on the Roxio site, and apparantly it was used to convert music from cd's to mp3, wav etc. If that's what you require, the yes version 8 will do this, it's now called, wait for it "Convert CD's". That being said, unless you want to upgrade to the latest version, there are many freeware apps out there that will do the same for no cost.

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:33 04 Mar 2006

Yes version 8 allows this and many other functions as well. Indeed I have recently done exactly as you suggest in "Audio CD" application, the program merely buffers the tracks in a temporary location until you are ready to burn them.

beanyboy 15:44 04 Mar 2006

Thanks Marsh . You are very kind. being a bit "green" at this sort of thing you will have to make allowances for my "densness".

I assume therefore that these free apps will do exactly the same job as Soundstream then?

If so can you recommend any particular one that I can get hold of , as I know nothing about them at all and in my "State of Wealth" I would like to know which is the best for the job, to avoid forking out for new ROXIO.

Cheers

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:57 04 Mar 2006

Some people use this

click here

although I have no personal experience of it. If you were to close this thread and start another asking for advice on freeware apps for ripping and burning cd's you will probably get many different recommendations from other users.

bruno 18:48 04 Mar 2006

Which O/S do you use.You can do what you want in XP.

beanyboy 19:10 04 Mar 2006

Hi Bruno

O/S is Windows XP. do tell !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?