Easus partition manager - recover partition

john bunyan 19:07 13 Jan 2014
Answered

I am tying to use teamviewer from my pc to a granddaughter's who has seemingly lost her "F" data partition. Using the free Easus Partiion manager I can see an "Unallocated" basic partition of the right size and ran the partition recovery wizard which could "see" the lost partition with its folders in it. At the end, however, in spite of running, I could not see the recovered partition. I am sure everything is there, but so far the F drive is not showing in "Computer". Any ideas?

john bunyan 19:08 13 Jan 2014

The other mystery is - how did the partition disappear?

BRYNIT 19:52 13 Jan 2014

Just a thought after recovering the partition did you allocated it a drive letter?

john bunyan 20:01 13 Jan 2014

BRYNIT

It had a tick box which when ticked came up with the F. Then it showed the f partition in the "open" box. But when I quit the box, it seemed to disappear. I am doing wrong at that stage as an f partition shows with 38 gig in the recovery box , but not in the main partition manager I will continue tomorrow as her pc is off line at the moment.

john bunyan 19:24 14 Jan 2014
Answer

It worked in the end - phew, she thought her whole data partition was lost. I have now hidden the backup partition by deleting the drive letter. I suspect it occurred due to wrong configuration of restore points which did not include the data partition.

BRYNIT 21:32 14 Jan 2014

john bunyan. Just another thought. Does your granddaughter keep all her documents/pictures and songs on the laptop. If so, I would suggest backing them up to an external drive. If they get accidentally deleted or the drive fails you may not be able to recover them.

john bunyan 22:09 14 Jan 2014

BRYNIT

She has neglected doing tis frequently enough! We use freefilesynch to back up data but, typically, she left her usb drive at her Uni halls during the Christmas break. Hopefully she will do it more frequently in future. I help her to make images of the C Drive as often as I can !

You would not think she got 615 UKAS points to get to Uni!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone