Eask Bar

Splodge 16:02 23 Mar 2007

For some reason my space bar keeps showung blank spaces which, when I go to Control Panel and look shows an entry (no title). I then change to "never show".

However they keep appearing and sometimes I get half a dozen. Some will disappear on a re-boot though!

I have several anti-virus programs etc on my computer and the only new thing I have done lately is to install the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1100 in place of WinTV 2000, the Maxfield MP3
G-Flash NG player program and the ADS Instant FM Music USB (Snaptune) player, any of which could be the culprit.

I am reluctant to remove all three and re-install again one at a time since it is only a minor irritation.

Can anyone point to a single cause of this please. Or, allow me to edit the taskbar once and for all! I have tried "locking the taskbar also but that doesn't work either.

Individually, the three programs and units are great! I would hate to lose any of them.

Ho-Lin-Sok 16:11 23 Mar 2007

click here
You may be able to reset with this

VoG II 16:13 23 Mar 2007
  brundle 16:14 23 Mar 2007

"I have several anti-virus programs etc "

If you are using more than one resident AV program you will have problems.

Splodge 16:49 23 Mar 2007

Thanks VoG .. worked a treat! This is not the first time you have helped, I am very grateful again! Ho-Lin-Sok, I have downloaded yours too but did not need it this time, however, my thanks to you too.

brundle, I take your point but in this instance they are all of long-standing and would be unlikely to have been the problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone