Easiest way to share holiday pictures?

YinHoNg 22:32 20 Aug 2005

Hi guys. I'm just back from my holiday and me and my friends all have pictures on our digital cameras which we would love to share with each other.

I was wondering what would be the easiest way to share these picture with my friends online. Ideally, i would like to just put them up on a website; that would allow my friends to download them in their original high quality.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Completealias 22:48 20 Aug 2005

Theres photobucket click here and imageshack click here that I know of. They do put a limit on file size thou but photobucket will resize the image if over there limits.

Completealias 22:49 20 Aug 2005

There seems to be quite a few though check out this google search click here=

PC Bilbo 22:55 20 Aug 2005

posting to a website would be best if not everybody is on broadband.

Amount of web space depends on your ISP unless your planning to buy your own. High resolution
digital camera images will typically be over 1-1.8MB
each.

You don't state type of system and internet service.

Although I'm on 2MB download with NTL they still only offer a measly 128k upload as are a lot of others.

Putting on CD's may be an option?

feb 22:55 20 Aug 2005

Hi YinHoNg

If you have any free web space provided from your ISP, you could put them there and just notify every one where to look!

johnnyrocker 23:44 20 Aug 2005

click here or you can use either msn messenger or yahoo messenger loads of possibilities.

johnny.

YinHoNg 14:25 23 Aug 2005

Will photobucket or imageshack allow my friends to download the photos in their orignal high quality once i've uploaded them?

Just to let you know, all of my photos come up to about 100MB.

I tried to use that click here but it takes too long for me to upload it.

Stuartli 14:43 23 Aug 2005

If you post them using the facilities of, say, click here, you only need to do so in .jpeg form.

Viewed on a computer monitor the quality is visually as good as a print and even dialup internet users won't be inconvenienced.

Your original high quality is of no value in this instance and even a tiny .jpeg file will reproduce satisfactorily on screen.

YinHoNg 14:54 23 Aug 2005

Well, currently, we're using a photoblogging website which has allowed up to upload our photos for all of us to see. But the problem is that we want to be able to download ALL of the pictures and save them onto our desktop, rather than looking at them online.

When i right click, and save the photos from that website, the quality is much worse than originally, and the only way to download the original pictures is to pay them to download it.......

So ideally, i'm looking for a way to just upload one zipped folder, for others to download. And then my friends could do the exact same for me.

hssutton 17:33 23 Aug 2005

Have a look at MSN Group. click here. Create your own group. All your friends can then join, each member is allowed 3Mb of album storage. This can translate into thousands of images

hssutton 17:36 23 Aug 2005

Have a look at MSN Group. click here. Create your own group. All your friends can then join, each member is allowed 3Mb of album storage. This can translate into thousands of images.If you use the albums file size in pixels are 600 along ther biggest side. you can however embed larger images with messages.

MSN Groups are ideal for sharing photos between friends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?