Easiest to use digital camera software.

curlylad 11:18 10 Dec 2004

I have just purchased a digital camera , I now wish to buy a digital camera software program that is simple , idiot proof and fail safe to understand , if of course such a program exists.
I have never used a digital camera before so as I said I need an easy to understand program but one where I can also edit images and reprint them from old scanned photos , I have some old family photos from the 40's and 50's that are scratched and battered , dog eared and torn , ripped and drawn on and in need of repair.Can any one out there suggest such a program bearing in mind I am not too bothered about the price my priorities are:-

1)Ease of use.

2)Results.

Thanks in anticipation.

Graham ® 11:22 10 Dec 2004

Look on your PC for PictureIt!Publishing program. Very easy for beginners, with good results.

Graham ® 11:27 10 Dec 2004

This is not a good example, first I could find, will give you some idea:

click here

Valen 11:31 10 Dec 2004

HI your camera should come with the software to put on your computer. I have a sony DSC W12 and all I done was put the drivers on to the pc from the cd that came with it and I use Microsoft own
Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 to alter any pics from the camera. So therefore I never put the cameras own software on as the microsoft one is fine.
You should be able to do this with most camera software once you have downloaded the pics to your pc just choose the imaging software you have to alredy to open and alter them.
If you already have software of picture it or adobe or similar these will do the job. If you have XP it may find the camera when plugged in and ask you to load your cd that came with it to get the drivers etc but it is up to you if you also want to load the cameras own imaging software.

iscanut 11:38 10 Dec 2004

Most computer mags come with CD upon which there are normally free programs such as you need. They are OK to play around with to start with but if you then feel the need to get something better, for about £60 or so, Photoshop Elements 3 is one of the better ones in it's price range.

curlylad 12:01 10 Dec 2004

I'll look into these suggestions but in the meantime I will leave the thread open for any other ideas.

TomJerry 13:23 10 Dec 2004

you can download a fully functional trial version to find out your self click here

hssutton 16:01 10 Dec 2004

Kodaks easyshare is ideal also it's free, large download. click here

Spanglish 16:26 10 Dec 2004

Though I use Paint Shop here is a link to the free Abode Starter 2 , very easy to use.
click here

Spanglish 16:36 10 Dec 2004

Sorry, the Adobe Link ( correct one ) is click here

curlylad 09:30 11 Dec 2004

I'll give all your suggestions a go so thanks a lot guys . Oh by the way Graham ® , what do you feed that sucker on , thats some pussy !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone