EaseUS Todo backup problem with file extension.

Linkslade 15:34 25 Oct 2013

Hi, I'm running Vista on a Medion desktop and have backed up the system image using EaseUS Todo. however clicking on System Image on my external drive it will not open. I receive the following "An unknown error has occurred while accessing H:/System backup 25-10-2013 PBD".

This is a file type I haven't come across before. My question is, as it will not open to view it's contents will it recover the PC for me if the need arises?

All advice appreciated.

rdave13 19:47 25 Oct 2013

I'm not familiar with using Todo but clicking on an image created by Paragon I can see the arc. files. I first create a destination folder, name it, then when I create an image send it to that folder. Try creating another image to a pre-created folder to see if that one works.

Linkslade 20:27 25 Oct 2013

Thanks rdave13 for your reply.

I think I've gone through the whole gamut of remedies including re-installing EaseUS via a different supplier with no success. In the last hour the external drive has packed up so about an hour ago I decided I'd try Paragon tomorrow. So thanks again for your post as it has reinforced this decision.

rdave13 20:57 25 Oct 2013

the external drive has packed up are you sure it's not just full. Check in Disk Management.

Linkslade 10:07 26 Oct 2013

Hi rdave13,

An update on events for you and anyone else who finds themselves with this problem.

The external drive fired up OK today, and after more 'fiddling' I discovered that downloading EaseUS from C. Net sent it to an exe file by default.

So now it's backing up the system image and all looks to be fine. Will keep Paragon on file for future use.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?