eAcceleration problem

stan chester 17:43 30 Oct 2005

Can anyone help with this one please?
I have run Spybot which has identified eAcceleration as a problem. However it says that I have to restart my computer and run Spybot again. When it does this everything hangs up and I have to close down Spybot. I went on a website which advised running Adaware S E but this did not do the trick either. I dont know how dangerous this thing is but I never asked for it so I guess I dont need it

PC Bilbo 18:10 30 Oct 2005

Try reading this click here

stan chester 14:15 31 Oct 2005

Thanks for that but i saw that website before and I'm not sure where this thong is located. I haven't got Download receiver but i have got Free download manager. If I got rid of that would it do any harm and would it solve the problem?

stan chester 16:34 21 Nov 2005

Just to close this thread I have solved this problem myself. Not only did I have Eacceleration that would not go away I also had New DotNet and My WayMyBar, all spyware. Spybot flags them up in red but does not fix the problem when you click it. You have open them up by clicking and a whloe lot of smaller things appear. Then ypu can fix everthing by clicking---fix selected problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?