E-moblizer is it necessary if you've been hacked

mcheathen 14:15 06 Aug 2013

Anyone heard of this e-mobilizer ltd. They seem ligit, but \re their services actually necessary if your PC has been hacked and a trojon put in.

wiz-king 15:23 06 Aug 2013

Link?

lotvic 20:49 06 Aug 2013

If you mean the pay for tech support company at about £10 a month, (or any of the pay for tech support companies) then legit or not I don't consider that necessary for a home user. These firms take remote control of your pc and supposedly 'fix' it. Smacks a little of those scam phone calls you get that say they are MS Tech Support and have detected a problem...

If you are having a problem with your pc mcheathen, then you could start a thread on here and get advice for nothing.

mcheathen 20:55 06 Aug 2013

The person with the problem found they link while trying to get into her Hotmail account - but I can't find it when I go to Hotmail. Her computer is going slow and she got locked out of both her Facebook and Hotmail accounts.

E-Mobilizer Ltd did a scan of her computer and said there was a trojon on it and told her that a payment of £100 would get it removed and her system would be secure for up to one year. I told her that it is likely to be a scam, but she is adamant that it is on the level.

I did a Google on E-Mobilizer Ltd and ligit company does show up, but not sure that this is the same one she got. She even phoned them up from a number she got after clicking on a link.

lotvic 22:15 06 Aug 2013

Here's the info you wanted on the company click here Date: 22 May 2013 (2 Months old), Financial Year End: 31 May, Capital: £3.00 on 22 May 2013

Maybe now she'll listen to you.

Incorporation

wee eddie 23:27 06 Aug 2013

She's been conned ~ If she used her Credit Card - Change the password as soon as possible.

Scan the PC with Malwarebytes (Free Version - bottom left) and Spybot S&D as well as her usual Anti Virus.

mcheathen 00:50 07 Aug 2013

Thanks lotvik - I'll show her the link. Fortunately she never paid for it, but she would have done if she had enough money in the bank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires