e-mails stuck in outbox

Mageed 18:27 13 Aug 2007

My e-mails remain in the outbox although in fact sent. If I leave them there they get sent again, and again, and again. If I try to move them or copy them to the sent folder I get a message saying that cannot be done. I can only delete them and that means I have no record of them. I know the messages are sent as if I send one to myself it comes through after I have deleted it from the outbox. Windows XP Professional SP1, IE6. ISP is BT Yahoo.

VoG II 18:32 13 Aug 2007

click here may help.

mfletch 18:36 13 Aug 2007

Hi Mageed, This is a extract from VoGs link!

Your mail folders or e-mail messages within the folders may be damaged. There are two ways to troubleshoot this type of problem. The first method is to concentrate only on the Outbox folder. The second method is to create all new folders.

You can create a new Outbox folder using the following steps: 1. Exit Outlook Express.
2. Search your hard drive for Outbox.dbx and delete this file.
3. Restart Outlook Express. A new empty outbox folder is created automatically.

mfletch

Mageed 19:20 13 Aug 2007

I deleted outbox.dbx and a new one was created. Surprisingly its size was increased from 57Kb to 187Kb! The problem remains. I have to delete the message from the outbox to stop it being repeated endlessly and it never appears in the sent box.

mfletch 19:41 13 Aug 2007

Hi do the same with the sent folder it maybe that what is damaged?

mfletch

Mageed 08:20 14 Aug 2007

That worked, many thanks. I just renamed it with a different extension so that I did not lose my sent mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?