E mails, is this possible?

Bald Eagle 20:23 11 Oct 2006

I spend 8 months a year in Brittany and 4 in England. My daughter and I spend about £18/month between us on English ISP's. I will offer to give her my monthly fees and she can upgrade to broadband and I will cancel my English ISP. Can we then run an email account each that only we have access too? ie I can't see hers and she can't see mine.Also would I still be able to view mine out here in Brittany?

Jackcoms 20:28 11 Oct 2006

I'm slightly confused by your question.

On the one hand you say "I will cancel my English ISP"

and then "would I still be able to view mine out here in Brittany?"

Who will be your ISP in Brittany - a French one??

handy4x 20:29 11 Oct 2006

sign up to hotmail or better still google mail and you ca acces fromany computer with internet in the world with your password

Bald Eagle 20:46 11 Oct 2006

What I mean is :- my daughter will then be on broadband, hopefully with several email addresses. One of these will be for me. It is this email I want to access from France. I want email addresses for England and France to help me keep track easily where jobs are.
BE

Jackcoms 20:59 11 Oct 2006

OK. I'll assume that you will have a separate ISP in France to that used by your daughter in England.

Assuming you know the log-in and password details for your daughter's ISP, you should be able to access your e-mails using that ISP's web-mail service.

Bald Eagle 21:49 11 Oct 2006

Sorry, Jackcoms, I'm a better Industrial Chemist than computer expert (I wish). Yes I have an ISP in France. Will do what you suggest. Many thanks for helping a computer dimwit!
BE

Simsy 21:55 11 Oct 2006

I can see, unless I'm missing something, is that you wont have any internet access for the 4 months that you are in England.

Also, if you have the neccessary server/password details you may be able to get you emails without it having to be webmail, into outlook express, for example.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?