E-mails notification at Windows log on

Dirty Dick 15:59 29 Mar 2006

I am running Windows XP with SP2, and using Outlook as my e-mail default. My nephew has recently been on my PC and used IE 7 to log on to Hotmail. When I start my PC it gets to the log on screen, prompting for my passwoed, but along side my name, it shows that 3 e-mails are ready to be downloaded. When I click on the e-mail link, it shows that they are not MY e-mails, but are from my nephews Hotmail account. If I have e-mails in Outlook, they do not show. Any ideas how to stop this happening.

Thanks

DD

ACOLYTE 16:01 29 Mar 2006

The best way is to get you son to log on to his hotmail account and read them or delete them,the message will then go away.The next time he signs in to MSN/hotmail and he has email tell him to read them,lol.

Dirty Dick 16:04 29 Mar 2006

Thanks for that, but if my nephew clears his account of those e-mails, will the same thing not happen againg when he recieves new e-mails?

DD

ACOLYTE 16:07 29 Mar 2006

They will only show if he signs into MSN/hotmail
and he does'nt read them,if he reads them they dont show.If he does'nt sign in to either MSN Hotmail they dont show.Windows is trying to be helpfull letting you know you have unread mail.

Dirty Dick 16:09 29 Mar 2006

Thanks again, but is there any way of stopping Windows from being helpful ?

ACOLYTE 16:10 29 Mar 2006

You could try this click here scroll down to number 100,download it and merge in the reg.

Dirty Dick 16:23 29 Mar 2006

Ran the reg tweak, and its sorted .

Many Thanks

DD

Dirty Dick 16:23 29 Mar 2006

DD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone