Hello VoG™. This isn't probably much help but I've accessed my Blueyonder email accounts via Outlook Express and haven't had any problems.
I have done this several times yesterday(monday),and have accessed them again and it hasn't thrown up any anomalies. I access these accounts manualy however, I havent' configured Outlook to check automaticaly.
It may be just a blip. As your probably aware Blueyonder have had problems with e-mail over the past few months, the most common being authentication issues and people not being able to gain access their accounts.
My piece re this was loads on the server-bacause I checked via Web mail -when nothing came in - Delivery timed out - When I went in again sent 1. loads came in BUT NOT ALL of what was on server and some never did come. Checked with 'THEM' and of course they know nozzin as usual - but did admit the 'possibility' of glitches in the SP2 routines. I now have switched off all SP2 wall and protection and am on AVG and Zone Alarm Free. and the usual pop stopper and the others. So far so good - I think/hope