e-mails displayed in plain text

Kanzel 14:45 28 Jan 2010

Recently the PC Advisor newsleter has been appearing as plain text. It always used to be in HMTL. Is this something you a PC Advisor have done or is it my e-mail client GMX who seem to be having a number of problems lately.

Peter

johnnyrocker 19:50 28 Jan 2010

do other e mails appear ok?

johnny

Sea Urchin 21:29 28 Jan 2010

Which program are you using to view your mail? If it is Windows Mail (or Live Mail) go to Tools - Options - Read tab and untick box beside 'Read all messages in plain text'. Click Apply and OK.

Sea Urchin 22:15 28 Jan 2010

Apologies - I just noticed on re-reading your post tat you said GMX. I've not used it, but I guess there will be a similar option there

Kanzel 22:20 28 Jan 2010

Sea Urchin, no there isn't, and this used to be OK.
Thanks anyway

GaT7 22:35 28 Jan 2010

"no there isn't"

Did you even check?

click here & look under 'Display Options'. Is "Display HTML Messages as Text" selected? G

johnnyrocker 22:43 28 Jan 2010

and the answer to my 19.50 message was?

johnny

johnnyrocker 12:23 29 Jan 2010

message received via e mail to my question

"Yes, all others are in HTML."

johnny

Kanzel 14:49 29 Jan 2010

Yes, I did check and the option to display HTML as text was not/is not ticked. So I assumed that it is something else causing the problem. Hence my original question.

GaT7 15:00 29 Jan 2010

Right, thanks for confirming that.

What I suggest you do is tick this thread as resolved, then post a new one with a more appropriate heading, so a PCA staff member may be alerted & post to help. Or, more likely the FE will spot it & pass it on to the person concerned.

Something along the lines of: 'PC Advisor newsletter appears in plain text'. And also post a link to this thread so he/she knows what has been suggested so far.

All the best with it. G

Kanzel 16:08 29 Jan 2010

Thanks, I've now done that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone