e-mails displayed in plain text

Kanzel 14:45 28 Jan 2010

Recently the PC Advisor newsleter has been appearing as plain text. It always used to be in HMTL. Is this something you a PC Advisor have done or is it my e-mail client GMX who seem to be having a number of problems lately.

Peter

johnnyrocker 19:50 28 Jan 2010

do other e mails appear ok?

johnny

Sea Urchin 21:29 28 Jan 2010

Which program are you using to view your mail? If it is Windows Mail (or Live Mail) go to Tools - Options - Read tab and untick box beside 'Read all messages in plain text'. Click Apply and OK.

Sea Urchin 22:15 28 Jan 2010

Apologies - I just noticed on re-reading your post tat you said GMX. I've not used it, but I guess there will be a similar option there

Kanzel 22:20 28 Jan 2010

Sea Urchin, no there isn't, and this used to be OK.
Thanks anyway

GaT7 22:35 28 Jan 2010

"no there isn't"

Did you even check?

click here & look under 'Display Options'. Is "Display HTML Messages as Text" selected? G

johnnyrocker 22:43 28 Jan 2010

and the answer to my 19.50 message was?

johnny

johnnyrocker 12:23 29 Jan 2010

message received via e mail to my question

"Yes, all others are in HTML."

johnny

Kanzel 14:49 29 Jan 2010

Yes, I did check and the option to display HTML as text was not/is not ticked. So I assumed that it is something else causing the problem. Hence my original question.

GaT7 15:00 29 Jan 2010

Right, thanks for confirming that.

What I suggest you do is tick this thread as resolved, then post a new one with a more appropriate heading, so a PCA staff member may be alerted & post to help. Or, more likely the FE will spot it & pass it on to the person concerned.

Something along the lines of: 'PC Advisor newsletter appears in plain text'. And also post a link to this thread so he/she knows what has been suggested so far.

All the best with it. G

Kanzel 16:08 29 Jan 2010

Thanks, I've now done that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017