E-Mails - for ALL

dnjl 00:02 29 Jul 2008

I wanted to read E-mails in Outlook Express & leave them on the Server for my hubby to read them when he wanted.

I was told to go into Outlook Express - Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced tab, and then at bottom - Delivery and tick the box marked leave e-mails on server.

I did this on my hubby's PC, as he doesn't look every day but when he does it's early hrs. before I get up. But this does not work. The e-mails he has looked at just stay on his PC and I cannoot get to see them.

Any ideas?

DieSse 00:30 29 Jul 2008

Do the same thing on in OE on his PC.

But remember that now and again you'll have to clean up the old emails on the server as they won't otherwise get deleted.

Of you could go to your account settings at the ISP and see if you can forward a copy of all his emails to your address, and vice versa. Then you'll both get to see all the emails.

dnjl 11:25 29 Jul 2008

Have tried doing the above on hubbys PC only & I couldn't see them. I've tried doing the above on my PC only & he couldn'e see them and I have tried doing the above on both PC's but that didn't work either.

DieSse
You suggest forwardin all e-mails to each other, but where & how do you do this. I cannot find anywhere that gives that option?

DieSse 13:01 29 Jul 2008

What is your email server?

dnjl 00:11 31 Jul 2008

DieSse

It's Pop Tiscali

DieSse 00:24 31 Jul 2008

click here

may help

DieSse 00:28 31 Jul 2008

Another approach is to set a rule in Outlook Express.

The Rule setting would be

For all meessages

Forward to

(supply the address.)

You do this in each of your Oes to the other person, of course.

You define them in Tools - Message Rules - Mail - New.

dnjl 09:15 31 Jul 2008

Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?