E-mailing photos

Muergo 18:55 11 Jun 2009

I need to send instructions to my elderly aunt in Spain as to how she can put photos into her e_ mail, I manage it OK but need a step by step guide for her to follow. Is there a "how to" link I can send her?

feb 18:59 11 Jun 2009

Why not think about it for a while and then put it into your own words; It would then seem to your Aunt, that you were talking to her and not just sending instructions!

chub_tor 19:03 11 Jun 2009

If she has Vista and the pictures are in her Pictures File then it is simple as she only has to click on the image or images that she wants to send and on the top bar there will be an email icon. Click on it and the picture will be attached to an open email. All she has to do is put in the address of the recipient and click on Send. that may also apply to XP but it is so long that I have used it that I have forgotten.

Jim Thing 19:57 11 Jun 2009

"may also apply to XP but it is so long that I have used it that I have forgotten."

It's in XP too. Point mouse at photo in My Pictures; she'll see a File and Folder Tasks menu on the L/H side.

Click on 'E-mail this file' in that menu and choose whether to make the e-mailed photo smaller or not. Then click on OK and she'll get a blank e-mail with photo attached, ready to type her message on.

Jim Thing 20:00 11 Jun 2009

It works with multiple photos as well (CTRL+Click)

Muergo 21:24 11 Jun 2009

Thank you all, thats solved it she is on XP, will send this page and talkto her. Muergo is the Basque for razorfish I use as bait!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017