e-mailing mobiles

nobbie 11:39 06 May 2003

hi all, i know its a bit off the computers subject, but can anyone tell me how to e-mail a mobile phone, for starters, how do you find the address of your mobile to send the e-mails to.
doesn't explain to much in the phone manual.
thanks

Morpheus© 11:57 06 May 2003

as far as i know you can only do that if you have and the other person has the new 3G range of phones....

nobbie 12:03 06 May 2003

sorry didn't know how to get the c at the end of your name.
i have a 3510i and it says that i can send my messages as e-mails so i naturally presumed that i could receive e-mails

Morpheus© 12:15 06 May 2003

For future use to get the © hold down the "alt" key and on the right side of the keyboard the keys with the numbers press 0169 :-)

anyway back to the phone, i will have a study of the model and report back.......

Ron

Morpheus© 12:24 06 May 2003

i guess you can if yours and the other phone are compatible.... or so it says

Messaging
Text messaging: Concatenated SMS, send and receive messages up to 761 characters long in one message
SMS chat
Predictive text input for over 10 languages; support for major European languages
Templates for quick and easy sending of predefined messages
Picture messaging: Send graphics with text to other compatible phones
Multimedia messaging: Receiving messages containing a text item, a ringing tone, or graphics and sending or forwarding messages containing a text item and graphics

nobbie 12:27 06 May 2003

Morpheus¿ (getting closer) :-)

nobbie 12:38 06 May 2003

in the information that you have found does it say that it would be possible to send e-mail messages from my desktop computer to the mobile.
If it IS possible, then there must be an e-mail address for my phone i.e. [email protected]. and not just my mobile number.
hope this makes sense.

Morpheus© 13:03 06 May 2003

no it does not, but what i do, and it is of course not the same, but i send all my text messages via O2 on the PC, they are free and you can send , i think it is about 50 a day.. meanwhile i will have another study....

Valvegrid 13:08 06 May 2003

A number of years ago, before I knew better, I was on AOL, if I remember correctly you could send emails via the internet to a mobile. When the email is received on the mobile phone the senders email address appears.
Of course it would not work in the reverse i.e. mobile to internet.

Paul.

Valvegrid 13:09 06 May 2003

Forgot to say, just using the mobile's normal number.

Paul.

Morpheus© 13:11 06 May 2003

it looks like they are sent to the phone number.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?